Sunday, October 10, 2010

Los Angeles 2

Today I crisscrossed LA using public transportation: Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica. Beverly Hills was a rather short stop. I wanted to avoid the same experience as ‘Pretty Women’: “Sorry, but I think we do not have anything that fits you … “
I finally made it all the way to the west coast. I put my foot in the freezing cold Pacific Ocean, and I have a picture to proof it.
In the evening I got a special treat: I got tickets for the LA Philharmonic in Disney Hall conducted by Gustavo Dudamel and pianist Emanuel Ax. There was a 10 minute standing ovation at intermission for Emanuel Ax (he gave a short encore) and also at the end of the concert.
To round off the long day I had to drive to Sunset Strip (8000 block of W. Sunset Boulevard) just to see what I could be doing on a Saturday night if I had money … That is another place where there is no sign of a recession.
























1 comment:

  1. W,I could not, have experienced(w/out U) what you have come up with in your trip across the USA, you have photo'd and done close to what I might go for..thanks..David is of course as we speak driving in a rented Mercedes on his way to the Almalfi coast...I envy you both!!..G

    ReplyDelete