Monday, September 20, 2010

Field of Dreams

I left Chicago this morning to head to Mt. Rushmore. About 1,000 miles ahead. I'll break it up in (3) day trips.

Just before I crossed into Iowa I talked to Mi Hyun on the phone and told her that I would stay tonight in Des Moines Iowa. She said I should stop at the Field of Dreams site.

I stopped at the first rest stop after the border of Iowa to check to location of the Field of  Dreams. I have to say this rest stop had the cleanest bathrooms I ever saw in a highway reststop. The rest stop (just bathrooms and vending machines) even had WiFi. The location of the Field of Dreams set would have been a 200 mile detour, so I continued on.

I wish I could tell you that it was an exciting ride, but see for yourself:



That's what I saw for about 300 miles




Some assembly required ....




No assembly required ....




No, no, no, it's not what you think. It's a sign for a gas station & store chain .....

1 comment:

  1. W, Good to know about that very clean restrm in Iowa..pls keep us up to date on this important info..no pics? Today probably finds you reliving that Hitchcock Rushmore thriller- keep off Lincoln's nose! and be safe David and I are going to have lunch w/out you but may come out and use that restrm. G

    ReplyDelete