Friday, October 15, 2010

Santa Fe

I spent today strolling through downtown Santa Fe. It is a shoppers’ paradise if you like jewelry, fine art and Native American art, clothing and accessories.
After visiting the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum I dropped my camera and had to find a camera store. The UV filter got dented and the glass cracked. I could not get it off the lens. I guess the guy in the store had the proper tools and more strength and could unscrew it.
Equipped with a brand new UV filter I continued on to the St. Francis Cathedral and the Loretto Chapel. The Loretto Chapel is known for it ‘miraculous’ spiral staircase up to the choir loft: It goes up 22 feet, two 360 degree turns without a center support.
Afterwards I headed for Canyon Road, a street lined with galleries. Santa Fe supposedly has the most galleries (250) besides New Your City. Fortunately I cannot afford to buy anything right now. That made it easy to walk through the galleries. No tough choices …
To round off the visit to Santa Fe I walked through the New Mexico Museum of Fine Art. Free admission on Fridays after 5:00 pm.






















No comments:

Post a Comment