Tuesday, October 12, 2010

San Diego

The San Diego Zoo did not disappoint. It lived up to its reputation. It is definitely on the highly recommended list if you visit San Diego. And it has lots of cool shadows.
Right next to the zoo is the Balbao Park, a downtown park with museums, a botanical garden, theaters and the outdoor Organ Pavillion.
After strolling through Balbao Park I drove over to the Gaslamp Quarter (5th Avenue around Market and Broadway): lots of beautiful shops and trendy restaurants. I’m not sure if I ever saw so many seemingly good restaurant right next to each other. With my backpack, shorts and T-shirt I only enjoy them from the outside …
























1 comment:

  1. W,Like your canyon pics- you managed to turn the zoo animals into artistic acheivements and the plant life - so inspiring. Wondering where and what you are eating- since you can't get into "nice' restaurants..now you know that's not the case w/ David..who said thatall diets were on hold while in Italy.
    Glad to see the word "return" in your text..miss you..I substituted our "regular" lunch for Sandy yesterday...

    ReplyDelete