Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nashville to Cherokee, NC

Since it was Halloween today I thought I’ll treat myself to a tour of the Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg, TN. All the parking lots at the churches were full, so I thought it might not be too crowded. But I should have done my homework. I could not buy any whisky, because you cannot sell booze in Tennessee on Sundays. Actually the distillery is in a dry county, but Jack Daniel’s has special exception to sell whisky during the week. The guide was nice and funny, but I only understood about have of the tour.

The trip between Nashville and Cherokee was not a straight shot. Besides a little detour to visit Jack Daniel’s I chose a route that includes the ‘Tail of the Dragon’, an 11-mile road with over 300 curves. It is considered by many the best motorcycling and sports car road. I found out about it when talking to a couple at Andrew Jackson’s house yesterday. It sure was worth the experience. Actually the road between the ‘Tail of the Dragon’ and Cherokee had just as many curves. This area of the Smoky Mountains seems to be a paradise for motorcycles. Besides the ‘Tail of the Dragon’ there are other scenic roadways.














No comments:

Post a Comment