Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grand Canyon

I made a daytrip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon West. The glass Skywalk projecting over the Canyon is at Eagle Point in Grand Canyon West on the Hualapai Reservation.
It is only 120 miles from Las Vegas. It should only take about 2 hours. Well, I did not know that the last 20 miles are unpaved dusty road. You have to keep your distance from the car ahead of you to minimize the sand in your face.
There was also some delay around Hoover Dam. Every car crossing the dam has to stop and some cars get pulled over for random inspections.
You are not allowed to take any personal belongings onto the glass skywalk: no cameras, no cell phones. I guess they want you to buy their photos for $30.00 per picture.
There was another thing I did not like about the Grand Canyon West: The lady at the ticket counter gave me a Senior Ticket, even though I did not ask for it ….
I walked some distance beyond the Skywalk building. I’m not sure it was such a good idea to do it with shots and sandals. It was like a slalom around pretty stinging plants. I got through it without injury.
I left the canyon around 6:00 pm and got to the Hoover Dam on the way back after sundown. It was actually a nice sight to see the dam at night.

Grand Canyon West













Hoover Dam







1 comment:

  1. The Skywalk is still not finish when I went to the Grand Canyon. I want to visit again to experience it.

    las vegas airplane tour

    ReplyDelete