Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Travel Day

I left Pittsburgh around 11:00 am. About 400 miles ahead of me to get to Colombus, Indiana.

Along I70 West I passed through West Virginia for a short distance, Ohio, Indiana and turned south on I65 in Indianapolis. Driving along I was jsut wondering: 'Who cuts all this corn?'

Rest stops off the highways (without leaving the highway) are really spread out; about 50 miles apart. I wanted to take a little break and thought I'll stop at the next one. Well right across the rest stop they were cutting corn and a giant dust cloud was crossing over the rest area. So I drove on. At the next exit was a Dairy Queen ...

Got to Colombus around 6:00

1 comment:

  1. Hey Werner,
    Joan and I had visited Pittsburgh several times, because of Eaen's attendance @ Canegie Mellon- a beautifull city- love the name "Monogahela" for one of its three rivers.. driving a challange- huh?!F-Water a must- David must go! but no he just keeps scheduling Italy- Bon Voyage Lunch on Thurs 23rd?
    Gene

    ReplyDelete