Thursday, September 16, 2010

Louisville Kentucky

Mi Hyun gave me a map of 'American Originals' that shows strange landmarks. I checked to see what's in the Colombus area and found the world largest baseball bat in Louisville KY. It's only about an hours south of Colombus, so I hit the road.

First I visited Churchill Downs, the venue for the Kentucky Derby. It is off season right now, no life races. So I could take a behind the scense tour. I was lucky and we had a really good guide. She really knew her racing stuff. The tour included the jockeys' locker roosm, steam room (to lose weight), game room.

Churchill Downs just (2005) finished a 125 Mio new clubhouse. We could visit the 'Millionairs Row' facilities as well as the press area, the photo finish booth, track announcer booth and TV announcer booth.









View from announcer booth



After Churchill Downs I 'rusched' to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory. No problem with GPS. Just in time for the last factory tour.About 60% of Major League players use Louiville Slugger bats. The world largest bat is at the entrance to the museum and factory.




2009 World Series Phillies Bats

No comments:

Post a Comment