Saturday, September 25, 2010

Yellowstone 2 - Back to the Future

Island Park is in Idaho. So after a good breakfast with delicious Idaho potatoes and some Skype calls I headed back to Yellowstone. From the West Gate I headed north to Mammoth Hot Springs. After an hour walk around the hot springs I was about to get in the car and continue on when something caught my attention: Did I just see a DeLorean drive by? Yes I did, and it even stopped in the parking lot. I'm not sure if it was the original from the Back to the Future movies. If not, it was a good copy.

Today I even could continue the loop through Tower and Canyon Village. A section between Tower and Canyon Village was closed yesterday. After many stops along the way I left the park through the South Gate and continuing south through the Teton National Park.

It was getting close to the end of the day so I thought I would stay overnight in the next town, which was Jackson, WY. I got good 3G coverage. so I stopped at the side of the road to check out hotels in Jackson. Well, little did I know. Jackson is quite a tourist destination, and all the hotels were booked. I found a place about 30 miles west, so I ended up in Idaho again ...


More images from Yellowstone:













DeLorean






Teton National Park




Jackson, WY





No comments:

Post a Comment